THE CAKEY OVERNIGHT OATS METHOD
Okay. You have to hear me out on this one. These oats are delicious, especially when paired with some creamy chocolate coconut yogurt (and a coffee obvs). I have them everyday at the moment because I just can't get enough! I love that they are super dense, which I totally get isn't for everyone. If you prefer a more traditional, creamy overnight oat recipe click HERE, otherwise, you are in the right place.
The secret all comes down to the method; mainly, cooking the oats before you pop in them in the fridge... take a look below.
1/4 finely grated courgette
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (THIS is my fave chocolate protein by a mile)
1. Put the oats in a large(ish) bowl/ mixing bowl, cover with boiling water (just enough to cover) and stir to ensure all the oats begin to soften. Set aside.
2. Pop the grated courgette into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or so.
3. Empty the courgette into the bowl with the oats and mix well.
4. Add a scoop (about 30g) of chocolate protein to the oat mix. If the mixture is too dry (although the courgette is likely to add water too) add a splash of oat milk until reaches desired consistency.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. Pop into a bowl / container ready for tomorrow and into the fridge.
7. In the morning cover with toppings of choice - nut butter, coconut yogurt, granola, fruit.... ENJOY!
Let me know how you get on! I hope you love this variation just as much as I do!