BISCOFF BANANA BREAD
A note to 20-year-old me:
Before you decide to pass this recipe up in favour of something different I just wanted to say a couple of things:
* There is no ‘good’ or ‘bad’ food - eating cake does not make you immoral.
* You do not have to ‘healthify’ banana bread in order to eat it.
* Restricting your food, and the stress you feel around being perfect, will cause more damage to your health than eating sugar ever will.
* You might stop binging if you just allowed yourself the things you wanted in the first place
* I love you.
* It is going to be okay.
* You are enough.
1 tbsp (15g) vegetable/ light olive oil
3 bananas, peeled & mashed (approx 320g)
50g brown sugar
145g plain flour
85g wholemeal flour OR oats
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees & line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl mix the Biscoff, oil and mashed banana.
3. Add in the two eggs and whisk until well combined.
4. Finally add the brown sugar and combine well.
5. In a larger bowl add the wholemeal flour, plain flour, baking powder and salt, and mix.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix (don’t overdo it).
7. Empty the batter into the loaf tin.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or a knife pricked in the centre comes out clean.
9. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.